April 13. 2017
O2 students to room 206 following announcements.
Breakfast program is cancelled Tuesday due to the use of scents by students.
All lacrosse players are to meet at lunch in Mr. Barriero
Girls running club is postponed until next Thursday.
Bake sale today at lunch in support of the Prom Committee.
All pit band members have a meeting for a few minutes today at lunch in the music room.
All instrumentalists going on the Cuba trip are reminded that Ms Gallant needs your instrument dimensions by the end of the day today.
Boys’ rugby team’s next game Monday, 4:45 against CPA.
Attention all students! The IB 12 Students will be hosting a Coffee House and Variety Show later this month. The event will be fundraising for the Dartmouth All-City Music Bursary Fund to help fund musical culture in our communities. We’re looking for singers, instrumentalists, dancers, comedians, performers of all sorts. Sign Up sheets are posted around the school. Come show us your talents and support your friends and community.
The Second Annual Goat dance with special performances will take place Thursday April 20th at 6:30-9:30. This is open to all HRM schools and tickets will be $10 each. Tickets will be sold at lunch in the foyer starting this Wednesday. All money fundraised is being donated to purchasing goats to aid families overseas with alternate income. Wear plaid to show school spirit and spread the word around!
Host a student - Share a culture - Make a friend. We are proud to be a welcoming school.
Canadian Parents for French – Nova Scotia has an exciting summer camp season for 2017. There are week-long overnight camps available that cover a range of French levels and activities. All camps provide a great opportunity for kids to learn and reinforce language skills over the summer. Imagine having all the fun of summer camp « En francais »! For more information and application forms, visit ns.cpf.ca or call 902-453-2048/toll free 1-877-273-5233.
Attention all potential grads: Ms Stairs in student services is collecting grad fees. This year’s fee is $50 (cash only, no cheques). It covers equipment rental, diplomas/transcripts, gown and accessories, and your graduation T-Shirt. This year we will be hosting our ceremonies in our gymnasium. First grad class ever to have this opportunity! As this is our first year we are going to initially limit guest tickets to two, and possibly add tickets as the big day nears. The cafetorium will be used as overflow so guest exceeding two can watch the proceedings on closed circuit.
- The Wessex Scholarship is a $5,000 award available to students entering/already enrolled in a post-secondary degree level health care program in Atlantic Canada.
- Grade 12 Potential Graduate Students are asked to come to Student Services to pick up and complete their Application to Graduate forms.
- New Applications with respect to the Dartmouth General Hospital Auxiliary Memorial Bursary and the East Coast Credit Union Bursary are available in Student Services.
- Attention Grade 12 Students: Mount St. Vincent University Basic Scholarship Application Deadline is Friday.
- African Nova Scotian Students in grades 10 through 12, who are interested in getting information and preparing for health sciences careers, please check outside the Student Services office for information on University Summer Camp opportunities and talk with Mr. Simmonds or your Guidance counsellor about opportunities and filling out applications.
- University of Kings College in Halifax is offering its residential summer program again this year from July 7 to 16th. “Humanities for Young People” is available to any student who will be 15 or 16 this summer and who is interested in a taste of university life along with an interest in literature, philosophy, history, politics and art. Any interested students should stop by Student Services for a brochure.
- In order to help our graduates who will be attending SMU, representatives from the Recruitment Office will visit our school to help students pick their courses for the upcoming school year. This will occur on Wednesday, April 26th from 9:10 am to 11:45 am in the library computer lab. Please sign up for one of two sessions in the Student Services office.
Information on the above is available at Student Services.
Warning: Division by zero in /home/chhs/chhs/templates/yoo_air/warp/systems/joomla.1.5/layouts/com_content/category/blog.php on line 50